The pandemic has been a great burden for every citizen of the country. Not only one country is affected because of the pandemic but first-world countries like the United States of America and the United Kingdom are also affected. Despite having the best medical facilities, they have failed to keep the pandemic under their control. Not only there been huge human resource loss but there are other losses incurred as well. People are affected financially because of COVID-19. The lockdown imposed to break the chain of spreading had ill effects on the common people of every country.
In a country like India, where there are 1.3 billion+ people, lockdown had a harsh effect on the poor and middle class. Though the Union Government was able to restrict the damage during the first wave, the second wave seems deadly. Another set of strict measures is on the offing as the states look to impose lockdowns to break the chain again.
COVID was initially neglected when it showed up in Wuhan in 2019. The people became increasingly aware as the cases rose in the country. During the first wave, people were unaware of the symptoms as well as the vaccines available. However, due to diligent research by scientists, we have got the common symptoms that can stay in the long-term within a person. In this article, we are going to read about the ten common symptoms of COVID-19 that can hamper one’s day-to-day activities.
According to the National Sample Survey Office, NSSO, reports, there is at least one in ten cases in which the symptoms have lasted for a time duration of 12 weeks. And in a few rare cases, the symptoms have lasted longer than that. However, in the majority of the cases, these symptoms don’t last for more than 30-45 days.
So what are those symptoms which have ill effects? How to identify if you are struggling with COVID-19 symptoms? Here are those ten symptoms:
- Brain Fog: Those people with COVID-19 experience inconclusiveness and tend to struggle to concentrate. However, it is not a medical condition. It can be characterized as one’s inability to think and enact on it.
- Fatigue: In day-to-day life, we endure fatigue. However, when a person is affected with COVID-19, he/she always wants to sleep because of the energy drain. The solution to getting out of the fatigue is to consume Zinc-rich food.
- Breathlessness: People with longer COVID-19 symptoms struggle to consume air as they used to under normal conditions. The bronchioles are also affected because of the novel coronavirus.
- Chest Ache: One can argue that they experience chest ache daily. However, the chest ache caused by the virus feels like stabbing and the patient feels difficult to even bend/rest and perform the activity.
- Insomnia: The pain in the chest and breathlessness combine and result in insomnia. The patient struggles to sleep even if he is experiencing fatigue.
- Pins and Needles: A COVID-19 infected person will experience uncomfortable tingles and pricks if he is enduring long COVID.
- Joint Pain: the coronavirus will affect one’s locomotive organs as well. The person will experience severe joint pain because of the fatigue caused by COVID-19.
- Fever and Cough: Fever and cough are the common symptoms of COVID-19 as coronavirus is a member of the Rhinovirus family. One should consult the doctor if they experience fever and cough in a long run.
- Diarrhea: The virus will not only affect the respiratory system but damages the digestive system as well. A person cannot digest the food and experience Diarrhea.
- Inability to taste and smell: One of the easiest ways to check if the person is affected by a virus is not is by checking his ability to taste or smell. COVID-19 affected cannot taste the spiciest of foods as well as he finds it difficult to smell things as well.
We are on the brink of getting swept under the second COVID wave. The infection rate is soaring high and touching the ceiling whereas huge numbers of deaths are being reported. During this time, we can only take measures to keep ourselves safe. One has to practice social distancing and sanitize their hands at regular intervals. Also, masks must be used as a mask only and not as chin guards. The improper way of wearing masks has already done damage to society. We can’t take it more and have to behave seriously. Stay home, stay safe.